You can use DataMatrix barcode in your labels. The maximum capacity of a DataMatrix is defined according to the standard by:
- the symbol size: number of rows and columns of dots
- the data type: numeric or alphanumeric
- in this code you can include a full, extended ASCII character set, the code also allows you to encode Arabic, Greek, Hebrew and Cyrillic characters
- six coding schemes selected in such a way that the resulting code is as small as possible (one optimal code is selected)
- up to 2335 alphanumeric characters, 1556 eight-bit characters or 3116 numeric characters can be encoded
Check if your printer prints accurately enough for the code reader to read a small code.